Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Commercial Property Underwriter to join our team of insurance professionals.
About The Position
As a Commercial Property Underwriter, you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise, decision making, and customer service skills. Our Underwriters work closely with our in-house Agents and Broker network to provide tailored insurance solutions that meet the needs of our Policyholders.
The ideal candidate has commercial insurance experience and thrives on helping to grow our portfolio with accounts that fit our appetite and guidelines. You will contribute your knowledge beyond the front lines by working with our Product, Process, and Pricing Committee, and have opportunities to provide training to our Agents and Brokers.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with our Agents and Brokers, listening to understand Policyholder needs, providing expertise to build solutions that profitably grow, and retain, our commercial portfolio.
- Complete risk assessments, and evaluations of eligibility, guidelines, coverage, and pricing
- Provide exceptional customer service to our Policyholders through sound underwriting, and responsive handling of quotes, new business, endorsements, and policy renewals.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- CIP designation or actively pursuing would be considered an asset
- 2 years underwriting experience, preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial policies, guidelines, wordings, and products is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to work within a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and analytical skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment, that requires attention to competing priorities
If you have strong relationship building skills, a positive attitude, and a passion to help people, we welcome you to apply.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.