Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an Insurance Agent
About The Position
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an Insurance Agent to join our team of insurance professionals, to primarily service (but are not limited to) the following communities: Branchton, Rockton, Jerseyville, Lynden, St. George, Brant/West Brant.
Our Agents take pride in their care for others and strive to build strong connections that support our Policyholders and communities. They are experts on our full range of products and services. They listen to the needs of the Policyholder and understand how our products and services can provide security and protection for their vehicles, homes, businesses, and farms.
We are looking for candidates who pride themselves on customer service and who have a passion for creating an outstanding customer experience. They are responsive, dependable, and value building deep relationships with our Policyholders, communities, and team members.
View the full job description.
Why Choose Ayr Farmers Mutual?
- We offer a fun and friendly working environment
- Dress for your workday flexibility
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance
- The opportunity to work with a reputable company that cares about our People, our Policyholders, and the Communities we serve
- Provide an exceptional and customized Policyholder experience through strong relationship building and genuine care
- Gather information needed to understand and assess exposures and support Policyholders in selecting appropriate coverage limits that protect what matters most to them
- Support Policyholders through the claims process
- Actively manage and process the collection of premiums
- Volunteer in your community. Promote Ayr Farmers Mutual by attending networking and community events such as county fairs, company events, and trade shows
- Live our Company Values as an extension of the service provided
- Through a strong commitment to service, grow the portfolio by means of referrals, networking and client calling
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is strongly preferred (CIP Designation is an asset)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 3 years insurance, sales experience or customer service experience
- Agent License must be obtained and maintained
- Knowledge and application of intermediate underwriting concepts required, but can be acquired on the job
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Insurance, agricultural, business, and/or sales experience would be an asset
ABOUT AYR FARMERS MUTUAL
Ayr Farmers Mutual is a financially strong, Policyholder owned and progressive property and casualty mutual insurer with written premiums of $45 million annually. We offer farm, residential, commercial, marine, and automobile protection and coverage through a dedicated network of Agents and Brokers. We service the Southwestern Ontario region, and are located in close proximity to Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Since 1893, the knowledgeable and caring team members of Ayr Farmers Mutual have been providing products and services that provide protection and peace of mind for our Policyholders and the community. What makes us different is our commitment to developing strong relationships and providing outstanding, personalized customer service. We continually strive to put our Policyholders and our communities first, and to ensure that every individual we serve is treated with fairness and respect.
The Company provides training, education, work life balance (hybrid work environment), wellness opportunities, community contributions and a fun and friendly working environment.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.