We have it covered. All of it.

Cover repairs and replacements when home systems, equipment and major appliances break down.


What is Home Systems Protection?

Equipment Breakdown coverage designed for residential properties that provided physical damage to covered equipment such as home infrastructure systems and personal property.

Provides coverage for sudden and accidental:

  • Mechanical Breakdown
  • Electrical Breakdown
  • Bursting, Cracking or Splitting of Covered Home Equipment

That results in direct physical damage and requires repairs or replacement of all or part of the damaged “covered home equipment”.

Here's why you need it

Canadian homes keep getting bigger. They’re also becoming better equipped. As homes have changed, so have the complexity and value of the systems it takes to keep them comfortable. Homeowner property policies do not cover most mechanical, electrical or heating equipment breakdowns. As a result, homeowners can end up footing the bills for loss that can total many thousands. By packaging Home Systems Protection in a homeowner’s policy, you can include this important coverage for just pennies a day.

What's covered?

Examples of covered equipment are:

  • Personal property (appliances and electronics)
  • Central air conditioning
  • Ventilation systems and fans
  • Boilers and water heaters
  • Furnaces, heat pumps, heaters, solar heaters
  • Deep well pumps
  • Back-up generators
  • Chair lifts and elevators
  • Electrical power panels
  • Various types of motors and mechanical devices
  • Pool equipment
  • Central vacuum systems

Loss Example: Air Conditioning

Metal fatigue causes a fracture in the refrigerant line of a 3-ton air conditioning compressor.

Replacement of line, compressor, refrigerant and oil costs $3,750.

Loss Example: Main Electrical Panel

A main electrical panel’s circuit breaker failed to trip as designed, overloading and overheating wiring, lighting switches, outlets and appliances, which had to be replaced along with the circuit.

Total loss: $13,992


Limits of Liability

$50,000 per accident unless a higher limit is shown in the schedule of the endorsement The equipment breakdown limit does not increase the property limits.

Loss of Use

Coverage for additional living expenses and fair rental value if the home becomes uninhabitable for a period of time due to a covered loss is provided to the equipment breakdown limit.


Pays for loss of perishable goods for up to $500 stored in a refrigerator or freezer at the time of a covered loss to that unit.Deductable

Same as the Homeowners deductible, unless a different deductible is shown in the endorsement schedule.

Please contact us for a quote today and see how little it costs to protect your home’s valuable systems, equipment and appliances.

Free access to MyHomeWorksTM tools

As a policyholder, you get complimentary access to MyHomeWorksTM tools to help you create a secure inventory, prevent loss, maximize energy efficiency and save money in your home. It’s free as part of your homeowners policy.

Visit today!



Should I Insure My Bicycle?

Monday, September 25, 2017

Do you tear up singletrack trails, or put serious KMs on your road bike? Is it important that you shave off seconds on your trail or track time? Do you scrub your bike down after every ride, making sure you can see your ... Read more

Should I Insure my Golf Clubs and Golf Cart?

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Storytime… Tomorrow’s office golf tournament came a little sooner than expected. I just got back from trying out a new driver at the range that I had purchased to replace the one that came with my club ... Read more

Trees, Lawns, Shrubs and Plants - Are They Covered?

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

When was the last time you thought about insurance coverage for that tree in your yard? Our guess: likely never. We see a lot of damaged greenery this time of year. We find that homeowners are unaware of the Home ... Read more