Skip to Main Content

Contractor Insurance

Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company Protects Homes, Farms, Businesses and Vehicles in Ayr, Ontario

As a contractor, you've spent years building your business and perfecting your craft. So have we. We're here to help you protect your property, your equipment, and your personal safety with affordable Contractor Insurance. With comprehensive coverage, competitive rates, valuable discounts and expertise in trades and contracting we have you covered.

Contractor Insurance Policy Coverage

Our Contractor Insurance covers your property, loss of income, crime, and liability. Designed to provide insurance coverage for small-to-medium-sized operations, our Contractor Insurance offers excellent coverage for contractors and subcontractors specializing in services such as like plumbing, electrical, HVAC, renovations, and many others. 

Commercial Contractor Policy Advantages

Competitive Coverage & Rates

Our affordable Contractor Policy has been crafted by experts in the insurance industry who are focused on your needs as a tradesperson or contractor.

Discounts for Workshops & Storage Buildings

By offering you some valuable loss prevention tips and preventative measures we can help you save money on your policy for your workshop or storage building.

Expertise in the Industry

Our loss prevention representatives are former tradespeople contractors. Need advice? We’re happy to help.

Did You Know We Provide Certificates of Insurance?

You may be asked to provide proof of coverage by a client, or for a specific job. Contact your Agent or Broker, and they will help you obtain the proper information required and will provide you with an official Certificate of Insurance in a timely manner.

Get a Quote

Types of Coverage

The type of coverage you need depends on your business operations and circumstances. For example, are you renting a location to conduct your business, or do employees use their own vehicle for business purposes? These situations should be considered when thinking about coverage. Coverage may include:

  • Property Coverages
    • Workshop and/or storage building
    • Contents (including stock and/or equipment usual to your business)
    • Tools & Equipment - (blanket coverage for tools & equipment valued under $2,500 and on replacement cost basis, as well as on anything under 5 years old. Any tool worth $2,500 or more is individually scheduled and affordably priced).
    • Installation Floater - (coverage for materials left at a job site that are intended to be installed at that location, and that may be attractive to thieves. For example, copper supply lines or wire).
    • Rental Reimbursement - (coverage for tools and equipment that you may rent from someone else to complete a job).
  • Business Interruption Coverage

    If an insured loss causes your business to temporarily shut down, we provide coverage (up to a specified limit) for lost income until required repairs are complete.

  • Crime Coverage

    What if you, or one of your employees had a deposit stolen while en-route to the bank? Our policies can provide some coverage for these types of unfortunate events.

  • Commercial General Liability Coverages

    These coverages are included with your Contractor's Insurance:

    Bodily Injury & Property Damage

    Coverage for injuries or damages caused to others property caused by your business operations.

    Personal Injury and Advertising Liability

    The financial damages owed and cost to defend you in court when the advertisements or newsletters produced by your company cause others a loss or injury (i.e., libel or slander).

    Medical Payments

    The medical expenses related to an injury caused to another on your premises (rehabilitation costs, for example).

    Tenants Legal Liability

    Damages caused to the property of others if you are renting a location to conduct your business.

    Non-Owned Automobile

    Can provide coverage for accidents involving the personal vehicles of your employees while using their vehicle for business purposes, such as driving to the post office or picking up supplies.

  • Other Coverages

    This optional coverage may also be of interest to you:

    Commercial Auto

    This coverage may be appropriate if you own a work truck or van that is primarily used in your business. If so, you will need to insure that any work trucks or vans on a Commercial Auto Policy. A personal automobile policy does not include coverage for business operations.

Insurance That Works As Hard As You

Please contact us and Get Started Today! One of our Agents will work steadfastly to provide you with the information you need. Just shopping around? No problem! Our Agents are happy to help provide you with information, so you can make the best decision—For You.

Get Started Today

(519) 632-7413 Contact