Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an Agribusiness Underwriter
About The Position
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is looking for an individual with agricultural roots or background that would like to apply their knowledge as an Agribusiness Underwriter. This is a great opportunity to begin or continue a successful career in insurance. If you join us, and are new to the insurance industry, we will offer support and comprehensive training.
An Underwriter evaluates insurance opportunities and submissions, while building and establishing relationships with our Agents and Brokers. Your knowledge along with underwriting guidelines will help to apply effective judgment of risk acceptance and applicable corresponding coverages. If you are a team player, passionate about creating a great customer experience, detail-oriented with excellent communication and problem solving skills, then this could be the perfect role for you! As an Agribusiness Underwriter, you will review and evaluate new business submissions, policy changes, and renewals and determine eligibility, rating, and coverage. You will work closely with our in-house Agents and Broker network to provide tailored insurance solutions that meet the needs of our Policyholders.
Why Choose Ayr Farmers Mutual?
- We offer a hybrid working environment.
- Competitive matching Pension Plan and employer-paid Group Healthcare Benefits Plan, including a Health Care Spending Account.
- We offer a supportive learning environment.
- We invest in your growth and celebrate your achievements.
- Dress for your workday flexibility.
- The opportunity to work with a reputable company that cares about our People, our Policyholders, and the Communities we serve.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with our Agents and Brokers.
- Listen to understand Policyholders needs.
- Provide expertise to build solutions that support profitable growth of our Farm portfolio.
- Complete risk assessments, and evaluations of eligibility, guidelines, coverage, and pricing.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our Policyholders through sound underwriting, and responsive handling of quotes, new business, endorsements, and policy renewals.
- Engage in continuous growth/education opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous farm underwriting experience, preferred.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive agricultural knowledge.
- Willingness to obtain a Chartered Insurance Professional Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Effective collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and analytical skills.
ABOUT AYR FARMERS MUTUAL
Ayr Farmers Mutual is a financially strong, Policyholder owned and progressive property and casualty mutual insurer with written premiums of $46 million annually. We offer farm, residential, commercial, marine, and automobile protection and coverage through a dedicated network of Agents and Brokers. We service the Southwestern Ontario region, and are located in close proximity to Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Since 1893, the knowledgeable and caring team members of Ayr Farmers Mutual have been providing products and services that provide protection and peace of mind for our Policyholders and the community. What makes us different is our commitment to developing strong relationships and providing outstanding, personalized customer service. We continually strive to put our Policyholders and our communities first, and to ensure that every individual we serve is treated with fairness and respect.
The Company provides training, education, work life balance (hybrid work environment), wellness opportunities, community contributions and a fun and friendly working environment.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.