Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an AB Claims Representative
About The Position
Claims Representative - Accident Benefits
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company has an opportunity for a Claims Representative to join our team of insurance professionals. Our Claims Representatives take pride in their care for our Policyholders when they need us most, after a loss. They are experts in handling property, auto, liability, and bodily injury claims in a fast, fair, and caring manner.
The successful candidate will pride themselves on customer service, be responsive and dependable. They have a passion for creating an outstanding Policyholder experience and value building strong relationships with our Policyholders, communities, and team members. They will be responsible for handling accident benefit claims, with some exposure to auto, farm, property, and liability losses. Attending loss locations on specific claims, or while on-call (which involves supporting all lines of businesses and types of losses) is a possibility.
Why Choose Ayr Farmers Mutual?
- We offer a hybrid working environment.
- Competitive matching Pension Plan and employer-paid Group Healthcare Benefits Plan, including a Health Care Spending Account.
- We offer a supportive learning environment.
- We invest in your growth and celebrate your achievements.
- Dress for your workday flexibility.
- The opportunity to work with a reputable company that cares about our People, our Policyholders, and the Communities we serve.
- Administer accident benefit claims.
- Assist as needed with personal, commercial, farm, property, and liability claims.
- Field work is required when meeting with our Policyholders.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our Policyholders throughout the claims process.
- Investigate and settle claims in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure accurate and timely communication of information.
- Be an active participant in maintaining the Company’s desired culture by living our values.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in a business-related program, is strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years of previous claims insurance experience required.
- 3-5 years of Accident Benefits Claims adjusting experience strongly preferred.
- Obtained or willing to work towards the Certified Insurance Professional designation.
- Experience with claims that have gone before the License Appeal Tribunal
- Strong understanding of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule.
- Empathetic and willingness to provide exceptional customer service.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate teamwork with a high level of collaboration and communication. This position will work closely with many areas of the organization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment, that requires attention to competing priorities.
ABOUT AYR FARMERS MUTUAL
Ayr Farmers Mutual is a financially strong, Policyholder owned and progressive property and casualty mutual insurer with written premiums of $46 million annually. We offer farm, residential, commercial, marine, and automobile protection and coverage through a dedicated network of Agents and Brokers. We service the Southwestern Ontario region, and are located in close proximity to Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Since 1893, the knowledgeable and caring team members of Ayr Farmers Mutual have been providing products and services that provide protection and peace of mind for our Policyholders and the community. What makes us different is our commitment to developing strong relationships and providing outstanding, personalized customer service. We continually strive to put our Policyholders and our communities first, and to ensure that every individual we serve is treated with fairness and respect.
The Company provides training, education, work life balance (hybrid work environment), wellness opportunities, community contributions and a fun and friendly working environment.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.