Complaint Handling Protocol
We want you to be satisfied with your insurance purchase, claim settlement or any other services you have received from our company. If you have concerns about your policy, your claim, or any policyholder services, we want to know about your concern.
The first step in resolving your concern is to contact our office. Any member of our staff will be able to discuss your concern or direct you to the appropriate department manager or supervisor who can best resolve your concern.
Your concern should be resolved faster when you speak directly with a department manager or supervisor who has direct responsibility for your concern. If an agreement cannot be reached within 15 days, your concern should be escalated to our Company Complaint Officer.
Company Complaint Officer
Insurance companies operating in Ontario must appoint a Company Compliant Officer. Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company’s Complaint Officer is:
- Jodi Meiering BBA, FCIP, CRM
Chief Operating Officer
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
1400 Northumberland Street
Ayr, ON N0B 1E0
The Complaint Officer’s Responsibilities
- To oversee the complaint handling process;
- To ensure your complaint is properly addressed; and
- If your complaint cannot be resolved, ensure you receive a letter outlining the Company’s final position.
Contacting the Complaint Officer
We do require all formal complaints to the Complaint Officer be made in writing. Your letter should include the following:
- Your name, address, and policy number;
- A phone number where you can be reached during normal business hours;
- The nature of the dispute; and
- A description of your expectations – what you would like Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company to do to resolve the issue.
What you can expect from the Complaint Officer
- Your correspondence will be acknowledgment within five business days;
- The Complaint Officer will undertake a complete investigation of your complaint; and
- Once the investigation is complete, you will be provided with the Company’s final position on your complaint.
You may also find additional information about ombudsman services at the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario web site: https://www.fsrao.ca/
Complaint Handling Protocol
The following is a copy of our Complaint Handling Protocol as it has been filed with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario.
- The “Company Complaint Officer” (as filed with FSRA) is Jodi Meiering.
- To activate the company’s complaint handling process a policyholder(s) must provide a description of his or her complaint to the company in writing.
- Letters of complaint will be reviewed by the “Company Complaint Officer” or his/her alternate within five (5) business days of being received at the company.
- The “Company Complaint Officer” will consult with appropriate staff representatives and send to the policyholder a letter outlining the company’s final position within sixty (60) days of reviewing the Policyholder letter of complaint.
- Our goal as a policyholder-owned, purely mutual company is to treat policyholders in a fair, courteous and timely manner. Timelines mentioned above are minimum standards.
- This Complaint Handling Protocol does not apply to any situation involving litigation by the insured against the company or where the insured has retained legal assistance in that regard.
- Complainants who have unresolved complaints will be advised how to contact the Office of the Insurance Ombudsman.
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario
Attention: Complaints and Risk Assessment Branch
25 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 100
Toronto, ON M2N 6S6
(416) 250-7250 or 1-800-668-0128
TTY (416) 590-7108 or 1-800-387-0584