Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention to join our team of insurance professionals.
About The Position
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention will lead our exceptional team of professionals fostering a culture of strong relationships and values. They are a strategic partner who is responsible for collaborating with the leadership team to support developing and fostering our Claims & Loss Prevention employee and customer experience.
The Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention will provide leadership and support to our team of Peer Resources and Claims Representatives responsible for adjusting and settling claims for automobile, farm, commercial, personal property, accident benefit, liability and farmers accident in a timely and responsive manner.
The Manager is also responsible for leading the Loss Prevention Representatives who are accountable for surveying risks, making and actively communicating recommendations, educating and supporting our Policyholders through the process, and providing loss prevention education to our teams, Policyholders and communities.
The Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention will be responsible for reviewing all practices, policies and procedures, technology and workflows, and based on emerging trends and changing regulatory requirements make recommendations on changes required to ensure effective approaches and customer experiences. This is your chance to be an important and strategic part of a great leadership team.
- Culture advocacy - support the Company’s mission, vision, commitment statements and core values; work with employees and leaders to cultivate strong relationships with each other and our Policyholders
- Customer experience – lead and support claims and loss prevention initiatives and processes to deliver a positive customer experience
- Plan and direct claims and loss prevention activities to achieve targets and standards for performance, customer experience, operational excellence, and legislative compliance
- Expert level role in claims and loss prevention, as required for account handling, escalations, and approvals
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring of Peer Resources and Claims Representatives adjusting automobile, farm, commercial, personal property, accident benefit, personal injury, liability, farmers accident
- Leadership of Loss Prevention Representatives completing and making recommendations on risk inspections and educating internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership of team workflows (manual and systematic), policies and procedures
- Completion of internal compliance reviews, securing third party vendor support as required, documentation of findings and addressing any trends identified
- Vendor engagement and management
- Public relations and customer service to various client’s organizations as required and participate in various provincial, national, and international industry conventions
- Recruitment, onboarding, performance goal development, employee development and performance management
- Change management support – lead and support change initiatives
- Employee engagement in roles and projects to support a great work environment and engaged culture
- Employee communications – developing and cascading critical updates to our employees relating to claims and loss prevention
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years of insurance experience including managing and leading teams, a minimum 3 years technical all lines adjusting of claims and/or loss prevention experience
- A creative and strategic thinker who enjoys collaborating in a team
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge & application of all insurance legislation
- Ability to communicate both written and orally with employees at all levels of the organization
• CIP, ACIP, FCIP would be an asset.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great organization, that has seen consistent profitable growth year over year.