Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Data Analyst & Developer, Co-op (May – December 2024)
About The Position
Data Analyst & Developer, Co-op (May – December 2024)
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company has an opportunity for a Data Analyst and Developer, Co-op, to join our team of insurance professionals for a 4- or 8-month Contract (preference given to candidates available for the 8-month contact).
Our Data Analyst and Developer, Co-op, will provide data related support, create dashboards, reports, and conduct ad-hoc analysis. They will contribute to the development of data pipelines and ETL processes, while maintaining data quality assurance. The successful candidate will have a passion for learning and problem solving, always looking for ways to grow and improve. This opportunity will provide hands-on experience in a dynamic and supportive working environment with exposure to real-world projects and challenges.
Click here to view the full job description.
- Gather and analyze data from various sources to create meaningful insights.
- Design and implement data visualizations for effective communication.
- Collaborate on the development of Data Pipelines and ETL, working with Cloud Data solutions. Utilize programming languages to tailor the data into formats ideal for analysis.
- Collect feedback and requirements from various departments to determine needs and design, build and test reports for business use.
- Work with our team to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, debug and, optimize report performance.
- Contribute to the improvement and optimization of existing systems.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Enrolled in a relevant post-secondary program (Actuarial Science, Computer Science,
- Demonstrate a desire to learn new skills and understand the “why” of any situation.
- Understand how data and numbers relate to overall business performance.
- Familiarity with database management systems such as SQL, coupled with experience using data visualization tools such as Power Bl.
- Experience with Python, R or other languages use for data analysis and ETL.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Interest in financial services and how technology impacts this sector.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
*Our team is currently working in an optional hybrid working environment, this role involves a minimum of 3 days in office per week.
ABOUT AYR FARMERS MUTUAL
Ayr Farmers Mutual is a financially strong, Policyholder owned and progressive property and casualty mutual insurer with written premiums of $45 million annually. We offer farm, residential, commercial, marine, and automobile protection and coverage through a dedicated network of Agents and Brokers. We service the Southwestern Ontario region, and are located in close proximity to Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Since 1893, the knowledgeable and caring team members of Ayr Farmers Mutual have been providing products and services that provide protection and peace of mind for our Policyholders and the community. What makes us different is our commitment to developing strong relationships and providing outstanding, personalized customer service. We continually strive to put our Policyholders and our communities first, and to ensure that every individual we serve is treated with fairness and respect.
The Company provides training, education, work life balance (hybrid work environment), wellness opportunities, community contributions and a fun and friendly working environment.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.