Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Business Analyst to join our team of insurance professionals.
About The Position
The Business Analyst will be the liaison between the functional business areas, IT, vendors, and other business partners. This role involves working in all Guidewire Centres with a primary focus on Billing Centre, Claims Centre, Contact Manager, and applicable integrations. Business Analysts are required to collect, provide input into, and write detailed requirements for system changes, review, log and communicate defects, and support the prioritization of defects and enhancements. In some cases, enhancements can be made directly in the systems, in most cases working collaboratively with the vendor(s) is required.
This role ensures system changes are well tested by developing and completing test cases and managing defect resolution. Review, development, implementation, communication and training of workflows, processes, procedures, system defects, enhancements and training are also a part of this role. This is a project-based role where multiple projects are often managed at the same time.
- Analyze, design, and document business requirements to address application defects, enhancements and projects based on business needs
- Support the user adoption of system and workflows
- Provide daily support to users on system, workflows, processes, and procedures
- Complete schedule of statistical and analytical reporting for policy and claims, and communicate findings, trends and actions as required
- Work closely with the Product, Pricing and Process Committee in identifying potential and/or recommended product, rating and billing items
- Review and update the product manuals as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in related field, and/or 5-7 years experience in insurance and in a similar role
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Guidewire Suites and P&C Insurance, is preferred
- Intermediate understanding of accounting/finance, is preferred
- Practical experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to Senior knowledge of business analysis, change management, documentation skills, testing and project management skills
- Highly collaborative with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment, that requires attention to competing priorities
*Our team is currently working remotely. Our industry remains an essential service and there may be times where in-person support at the office is required.