Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Farm Underwriter to join our team of insurance professionals.
About The Position
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is looking for someone with agricultural roots that would like to apply their knowledge as a Farm Underwriter. This is a great opportunity to begin or continue a successful career in insurance. If you join us, and are new to the insurance industry, we will offer support and comprehensive training.
What is an Underwriter?
An Underwriter evaluates insurance applications and decides whether to provide insurance, and under what terms. If you are a team player, passionate about creating a great customer experience, detail-oriented with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, then this could be the perfect role for you!
As a Farm Underwriter, you will review and evaluate new business submissions, policy changes, and renewals for farm risks and determine their eligibility, rating, and coverage. You will work closely with our in-house Agents and Broker network to provide tailored insurance solutions that meet the needs of our Policyholders.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with our Agents and Brokers, listening to understand Policyholders needs, providing expertise to build solutions that profitably grow, and retain, our Farm portfolio
- Complete risk assessments, and evaluations of eligibility, guidelines, coverage, and pricing
- Provide exceptional customer service to our Policyholder through sound underwriting, and responsive handling of quotes, new business, endorsements, and policy renewals
- Engage in continuous growth/education opportunities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of agricultural environment
- Willingness to obtain a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to work within a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and analytical skills
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.