Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an Executive Assistant
About The Position
Ayr Farmers Mutual is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team of insurance professionals. As an Executive Assistant, you will have the opportunity to provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer. You will also work closely with all managers and executives, offering administrative expertise as required. Attention to detail, strong organizational and customer service skills are prioritized for this role, as the successful candidate will also be responsible to plan and co-ordinate arrangements for industry related business travel and ensure agendas, presentations and meeting minutes are accurate and complete. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team environment.
Why Choose Ayr Farmers Mutual?
- We offer a fun and friendly working environment
- Dress for your workday flexibility
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance
- The opportunity to work with a reputable company that cares about our People, our Policyholders, and the Communities we serve
- Provide senior-level administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, including strategy and project coordination.
- Coordinate and proactively prepare presentations and reports with a high level of professionalism and creativity.
- Provide administrative assistance to the management team as needed.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes of management team meetings, all staff meetings, and other meetings, as required.
- Plan and co-ordinate travel for attendees at industry related events which includes flights, hotel, car rental etc.
- Secure venue, prepare materials and ensure logistics for off-site meetings and events which you will be required to attend.
- Work with minimal supervision, use sound discretion, have a high-level maturity, and maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Prepare internal communications as required.
- Handle sensitive information appropriately and use good judgement in problem solving.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all departments within the company.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to work within a team environment and embrace change.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment, that requires attention to competing priorities.
ABOUT AYR FARMERS MUTUAL
Ayr Farmers Mutual is a financially strong, Policyholder owned and progressive property and casualty mutual insurer with written premiums of $40 million annually. We offer farm, residential, commercial, marine, and automobile protection and coverage through a dedicated network of Agents and Brokers. We service the Southwestern Ontario region, and are located in close proximity to Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Since 1893, the knowledgeable and caring team members of Ayr Farmers Mutual have been providing products and services that provide protection and peace of mind for our Policyholders and the community. What makes us different is our commitment to developing strong relationships and providing outstanding, personalized customer service. We continually strive to put our Policyholders and our communities first, and to ensure that every individual we serve is treated with fairness and respect.
The Company provides training, education, work life balance (hybrid work environment), wellness opportunities, community contributions and a fun and friendly working environment.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.