Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention
About The Position
Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention
Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a Manager of Claims & Loss Prevention to join our team to lead, coach, and mentor our team, while fostering a culture of strong relationships and values. There will be strong emphasis on evaluating, creating and implementing consistent policies and procedures, efficient workflows and processes, and an extraordinary Policyholder experience.
Our Claims team are responsible for adjusting and settling claims for automobile, farm, commercial, personal property, accident benefits, liability, and farmers accident in a timely and responsive manner. Our Loss Prevention team are accountable for surveying risks, offering and actively communicating recommendations, educating and supporting our Policyholders through the process, and providing loss prevention education to our teams, Policyholders and communities.
The ideal candidate for this position is a leader with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with team members, and external stakeholders, with a passion for delivering fair solutions and a positive Policyholder experience.
View the full job description.
Why Choose Ayr Farmers Mutual?
- The opportunity to work with a reputable company who cares about our People, our Policyholders, and the Communities
- We invest in your growth, development, and celebrate your achievements
- Optional hybrid working environment
- Competitive matching pension plan and employer-paid group healthcare benefits plan, including a health care spending account
- Provide leadership for claims and loss prevention initiatives and efficient workflow processes while creating strong relationships to deliver a positive customer experience
- Plan and direct claims and loss prevention activities to achieve service commitments and standards for performance, customer experience, operational excellence, and legislative compliance
- Assist team with escalations, account handling and approvals
- Complete and address internal compliance reviews, securing third party vendor
support as required
- Provide public relations and customer service to various client’s organizations as
- Participate in various provincial, national, and international industry conventions
- Manage recruitment, onboarding, performance goal development, employee
development and performance management
- Ensure employee engagement in roles and projects to support a great work
environment and engaged culture
- Responsible for building management, including regularly scheduled maintenance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years of insurance experience, including leading teams, and a minimum of 3 years technical all lines adjusting of claims and/or loss prevention experience
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or related experience
- Completion of CIP, ACIP, FCIP certification would be an asset
- A creative and strategic thinker who enjoys collaborating with a team
- Comprehensive knowledge & application of all insurance legislation
- Strong communication skills, both written and orally
- Comprehensive knowledge of agricultural environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Organized with demonstrated time management skills
ABOUT AYR FARMERS MUTUAL
Ayr Farmers Mutual is a financially strong, Policyholder owned and progressive property and casualty mutual insurer with written premiums of $45 million annually. We offer farm, residential, commercial, marine, and automobile protection and coverage through a dedicated network of Agents and Brokers. We service the Southwestern Ontario region, and are located in close proximity to Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Since 1893, the knowledgeable and caring team members of Ayr Farmers Mutual have been providing products and services that provide protection and peace of mind for our Policyholders and the community. What makes us different is our commitment to developing strong relationships and providing outstanding, personalized customer service. We continually strive to put our Policyholders and our communities first, and to ensure that every individual we serve is treated with fairness and respect.
The Company provides training, education, work life balance (hybrid work environment), wellness opportunities, community contributions and a fun and friendly working environment.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.